The 11th Annual
Knights Track Classic
Saturday May 12th
Hosted by Cave Spring H.S. at Cave Spring High School
Each school is allowed three entries per event. Only one relay per event per school will be allowed. Schools will be allowed to enter additional athletes for 10 dollars an event. VHSL rules regarding event limitations will apply. All athletes must belong to their high school team and must be accompanied by a coach from that school.
All entries will be done through milestat.com. ALL ENTRIES ARE DUE BY TUESDAY, MAY 8th AT 11:59 PM. A $50 LATE FEE WILL BE ADDED FOR ANY TEAMS NOT MEETING THIS DEADLINE.
Information for registering online can be found at http://va.milesplit.us/help/faq/meetreg or the directions are listed below.
1. Login or Register - You must have a user name and password for Milesplit. To get that, if you don't have one, click register in the top right gray MileSplit bar directly under the Universal Sports logo and search box.
2. Claim Your Team - If you haven't already set this up, you must be registered as a coach or team administrator to register for a meet. In order to get set up, you go to your team page, and at the top right, click “Claim This Team.” Choose either that you want to be a coach or team admin. Follow the instructions on that page. Apply and submit. Once you do that and are approved (usually within a few hours), you will receive a confirmation email and you'll be set to go to the next step.
3. Update Your Roster - If your team's roster is not already up to date, now is a good time to get any corrections made and add any additional athletes to it. Go to your team page, login, and you will see button that says "Team Administration" to the right of your team's name. Click that and then click roster on left hand toolbar. Enter or update your roster, adding any new athletes. To move graduated athletes to Alumni, simply add their graduation year and hit save.
4. Enter the Meet - Go to the season calendar and click on the green meet registration button of the meet you want to enter. Read and follow the instructions carefully and fill out the form completely. Once entered you'll see all of the available events/races listed out. To put your athletes into these events/races click the "Edit Entries" link by the event. On the following page, check the athletes you want in the race (putting in seed times if applicable), and click the save button at the bottom. Do this for each event/race. You will be able to change and update these entries until the entry deadline.
Athletic Trainers: Some space will be available for your team trainers and we will be providing an athletic trainer for limited assistance.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Cave Spring High School- 3712 Chaparral Drive Roanoke, VA 24018. Coming from I-81- take Exit 143. After exiting, travel on 581 for approximately 10.1 miles. Take Electric Rd/419 exit (Tanglewood Mall). Take a right off of the exit ramp onto 419 North. Travel 1.3 miles and take a left onto Chaparral Drive (Look for the 7-Eleven). Drive .9 miles on Chaparral Drive.
Cave Spring High School is on the left.
Teachers Bus parking lot (lot in front of the school). Please look for signs.
An entry fee of $120 per team ($200 for boys and girls teams together)
Individuals: $10 per event or $25 per relay
Five or more student-athletes are considered a team.
This is an entry fee, not a participation fee.
Make checks out to: Knights Booster Foundation
Cave Spring High School
Attention: Tommy Maguire
3712 Chaparral Dr.
Roanoke, VA 24018
ALL ENTRY FEES ARE DUE BY MAY 9th
There will be a $5 admission fee to all spectators.
Throw and Jump Pass: This will allow spectators of jumpers to have access to the bleachers in front of the long a triple jump pit. Spectators for the throwers will have access to bleachers across from the shot put and discus cage. **
The first six places will receive medals in each individual event and top three relay teams.
The top three teams will each receive a trophy.
Individual MVP awards will be presented to:
1. Top M/F track event student-athlete
2. Top M/F field event student-athlete
The first six places will score. The standard point distribution of 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 in each event will count towards the overall team score.
All running events will be run as TIMED FINALS slow to fast. Field event seeding will be least to greatest.
9:00 am Boys Triple Jump (4 jumps no finals/Open Pit 9 am to 11 am)
9:00 am Girls Triple Jump (4 jumps no finals/Open Pit 9 am to 11 am)
11:45 am Girls Long Jump (4 jumps no finals/Open Pit 11:45 am to 1:45 pm)
11:45 am Boys Long Jump (4 jumps no finals/Open Pit 11:45 am to 1:45 pm)
The five-alive format will be followed. Please consult the VHSL official’s handbook for more information. Starting heights for girls: 4’6, boys 5’6.
9:00 am Girls High Jump then Boys High Jump
Implement Weigh-in @ 8:30-8:50
9:00 am Boys Discus (4 throws no finals) then Girls Discus
9:00 am Girls Shot Put (4 throws no finals) then Boys Shot
There will be pole vault inspection at the vaulting facilities before the event. Any poles found to be illegal or not of the correct weight will be impounded-NO EXCEPTIONS! ABSOLUTELY NO TAPPING DURING PRACTICE! COACHES AND VAULTERS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED! Please consult VHSL rulebook for further details.
GIRLS PV- 5-6
BOYS PV- 8-0
9:00 am Girls Pole Vault then Boys Pole Vault
Spikes no longer then ¼ inch will be allowed 1/8th inch preferable. Immediate disqualification will result if longer spikes are used. Coaches, please help us with this!
There will be a full concession stand for all student-athletes, parents, coaches, and spectators.
There will be a coaches’ hospitality lunch available. Please check your team packets for wristbands. First come-first serve.
Holiday Inn (Tanglewood)
4468 Starkey Rd
Roanoke, VA 24018
Sleep Inn (Tanglewood)
4045 Electric Rd.
Roanoke, VA 24018
Quality Inn (Tanglewood)
3816 Franklin Rd., SW
Roanoke, VA 24014